Oculus’s Systems Engineering services incorporate Software Engineering Institute (SEI) Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI®) Level 2 and International Organization for Standardization (ISO) technical and management processes to integrate all aspects of IT programs/projects, ensuring that the new system/application interfaces with other systems, subsystems, system components, and component interfaces as intended in an operational environment. We offer Systems Engineering services focusing on the following areas:
- Develop System Concept of Operations (ConOps).
- Develop System Design Documents (SDDs).
- Collect and documenting system requirements.
- Perform data cleanup and data migration.
- Support large migration and transformation projects through the identification of the functionality to be migrated, and support our clients in the migration of that functionality.
Systems Engineering within an Agile environment
In addition to traditional Systems Engineering services, Oculus isexperienced with integrating the agile methodology into a Systems Engineering process. Because Systems Engineering has often been viewed as a one-pass process (the strict V-model), iterations of Systems Engineering may sound foreign. However, there are ways to conduct iterative Systems Engineering. Prototyping, modeling, demonstrating, and testing can all be iterative within an integrated Systems Engineering and Development Cycle. Such an integrated approach provides added quality assurance that each complete operable system delivers the functionalities that are valuable to the customer. Oculus supports clients in developing iteration as part of the Agile Systems Engineering support services.